As you well know, studdable tires are noisier but superb on icy and slippy roads, compared with studless winter tires. For this reason, engineers use an enhanced compound that offers outstanding traction on ice, without using stud pins. It comes to serve a wide range of sedans, crossovers, coupes, hatchbacks, and SUVs in daily applications.
One of the most innovative and quiet winter tires produced by Cooper is the Discoverer True North. It presents a special tread formula molded into an aggressive winter pattern with open shoulder blocks. Optimized tread design keeps the ride comfort at a high level for quiet, and enjoyable peaceful winters. Due to the asymmetrical pattern with aggressive tread blocks, this model shows good performance in moderate to severe winter conditions(3PMSF). A wide footprint with an innovative groove design provides efficient weight distribution for uniform wear and more road grip. Advanced sidewall compounds resist lateral forces providing high resistance to sidewall flex and bubble formation. As a result, the ride becomes safer and more relaxed.
Finally, based on annual sales, Cooper Discoverer True North is a beloved winter tire by drivers of the Chevrolet Cruze, Lexus IS, VW e-Golf, and Mercedes-Benz C-class. This tire is available with H or T-speed ratings depending on the tire size. It provides good speed performance up to 130mph.
Features and benefits
- Affordable winter tire with black sidewalls.
- Silica enriched tread compound increase tread flexibility for confident road grip.
- Asymmetrical tread pattern coupled Snow-Groove Technology offers powerful traction on wet and snowy roads, but also on slippy surfaces.
- Special elements at the base of the tread grooves create extra biting edges for exceptional grip and traction in the snow and ice.
- Angled tread blocks deliver precise handling and more strength for controlled turning.
- Heavy siping design adds extra biting edges for confident winter traction.